GIMP DDS Plugin is a powerful image editor that works with a variety of file types, including JPG, PNG, PDF, PSD and GIF. It makes use of an external plug-in support DDS image formats.
GIMP is a more advanced image modification application because it supports plug-ins. We can enhance its usefulness by incorporating plug-ins from third-party sources. We’ll go through how to use the DDS Plug-Ins in GIMP in this part. We’ll also go through how to get it and how to use it in GIMP. You can also check out RDWorks.
GIMP DDS Plugins Free Download
GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)
GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is a free and open-source raster graphics editor that can be used for image manipulation and editing, free-form sketching, image transcoding and other specialized activities.
GIMP is available for Linux, macOS and Microsoft Windows and is licensed under the GPL 3.0 or later license.
GIMP is a free and open source software project connected with both the GNU and GNOME projects that is mostly developed by volunteers. On the GIMPNET IRC network, development takes place in a public git source code repository, on public mailing lists and in public chat channels.
New features are kept in separate public source code branches until being integrated into the main branch once the GIMP team is certain they won’t break current functionalities.
This can result in features that appear to be complete not being integrated or taking months or years to appear in GIMP.
What is DDS?
The DDS is a raster-based image format. DDS stands for Direct Draw Surface and it is a Microsoft-developed file format. It’s helpful for storing compressed and uncompressed files with graphical textures as well as data files for cubic environment maps. The file extension is “.dds”.
Windows desktop backgrounds and wallpapers can also be saved using the DDS file. The majority of the time. It’s used to store Windows texture and environments.
How to Add the DDS plugin in GIMP
To add the DDS Plug-In in GIMP, extract the Plug-In file and paste it into the GIMP’s default plug-in folder. For example – In Windows, it should be “C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins“.
Key of Features
- Line art detection in the Bucket Fill tool for comic artists.
- Various usability improvements in transformation tools.
- Sample Merged option added to the Heal tool and fixed in the Clone tool.
- Parametric brushes now have 32-Bit per channel precision.
- Easier brush and pattern creation workflow.
- On-canvas layer selection.
- Faster saving/exporting and layer groups rendering
- Initial DDS support.
- Many improvements in GEGL, the image processing engine.
- Load / Save DDS Files, optionally using DirectX texture compression.
- Optional automatic mipmap generation when saving.
- Load mipmaps into separate layers.
- Load cube map faces and volumes map slices into separate layers.
- Save cube maps and volume maps with automatic mipmap generation support.
- Save image with a custom pixel format.
- Non-power-of-two image loading and saving support with automatic mipmap generation support.
- Compliant with DirectX10 block compressed (BC) formats.
Technical Setup Details
- Software Full Name: gimp-dds-win64
- Setup File Name: gimp-dds-win64
- Full Setup Size: 0.2 MB
- Setup Type: Offline Installer / Full Standalone Setup
- Compatibility Architecture: 32-Bit (x86) / 64-Bit (x64)
- Latest Version Release Added on Jun-10-2014
- License: Freeware
- Developers: GIMP
Minimum System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10
- Memory (RAM): 2 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 500 GB
- Processor: Intel Pentium or above
Conclusion on GIMP DDS Plugin for Windows
I suppose you have followed each step carefully for Download GIMP DDS Plugin on PC. After downloading this software, open this software.
I suppose your PC does not installed this software. Then, you can download this extension from ItTechGyan website. Now import that software file to your PC.
At last, I hope you liked this post on GIMP DDS Plugin on Notebook!