LMMS or Linux MultiMedia Studio Download for Windows, is a free cross-platform alternative to commercial program such as FL Studio that allows you to create music on your computer. This involves writing melodies and rhythms, synthesizing and mixing sounds and organizing samples.
LMMS can also connect to any of your MIDI devices and allow you to perform live, all within a simple and modern interface. LMMS for 32-bit & 64-bit is a community-driven, open-source project that is completely free. You can also check out Photopea.
LMMS v1.2.2 Free Download for Windows 11/10/8/7
|LMMS v1.2.2 Free Download for Windows 32-bit|
|LMMS v1.2.2 Free Download for Windows 64-bit|
What is LMMS (Linux MultiMedia Studio)?
LMMS (Linux MultiMedia Studio) is a digital workstation application program. It allows music to be produced by arranging samples, synthesizing sounds, playing on a MIDI keyboard and combining the features of trackers and sequencers. It supports the Linux Audio Developer’s Simple Plugin API, LV2 and Virtual Studio Technology plug-ins. It is free and open source software, written in QT and released under GPL 2.0 or later.
You can run it on a Windows PC or Laptop (32-bit or 64-bit), MacOS and Linux. For Linux, LMMX is available on a wide variety of repositories. If you want to run LMMS on Linux Mint or Debian-based distributions, there is a separate installation package. Alternatively, you can even build LMMS for Linux from the open source.
LMMS accepts soundfonts and GUS patches. It can import Musical Instrument Digital Interface (MIDI) and Hydrogen files. It can read and write customized presets and themes. Audio can be exported in the Ogg, FLAC, MP3 and WAV file formats and the projects can be saved in the compressed MMPZ file format or the uncompressed MMP file format. It can use VST plug-ins on Win32, Win64 or Wine32, though currently the macOS port doesn’t support them.
Produce music with your computer
By creating melodies and beats, synthesizing and mixing sounds, arranging samples and much more.
Playback instruments, samples and plugins
With a typing or MIDI keyboard in a user-friendly and modern interface.
Bundled with ready-to-use content
From an assortment of instrument and effect plugins, presents and samples to VST and SoundFont support.
Key of Features:
- Compose music on Windows, Linux and macOS.
- Sequence, compose, mix and automate songs in one simple interface.
- Note playback via MIDI or typing keyboard.
- Consolidate instrument tracks using Beat+Bassline Editor.
- Fine tune patterns, notes, chords melodies using Piano Roll Editor.
- Full user-defined track-based automation and computer-controlled automation sources.
- Import of MIDI files and Hydrogen project files.
- Built-in 64-bit VST instruments support with 32-bit VST bridge (64-bit Windows).
- 16 built in synthesizers, including emulations of Roland ® TB-303, Commodore 64 ® SID microchip, Nintendo ® NES and GameBoy, Yamaha ® OPL2 chip and more.
- Embedded ZynAddSubFx: Polyphonic, mutlitimbral, microtonal, multi-voice additive, subtractive and pad synthesis all in one powerful plugin.
- Native multisample support for SoundFont ® (SF2), Giga (GIG) and Gravis UltraSound ® (GUS) formats for high quality instrument patches and banks.
- Drop-in LADSPA plug-in support.
- Drop-in VST ® effect plug-in support (Linux and Windows).
- Built-in compressor, limiter, delay, reverb, distortion and bass enhancer.
- Bundled graphic and parametric equalizer.
- Built-in visualization/spectrum analyzer.
Note for macOS users: If you’re using macOS 10.14 (Mojave) or newer, please use the according version. The macOS 10.13 build is buggy on 10.14 or newer.
New changes in 1.2.2: (2020-06-25)
- General improvements
- Stop filtering out valid characters from file name while exporting tracks (#5282).
- Fix Invalid warning about “dummy-MIDI-client” (#5509).
- UI improvements
- Note selection: Editing values works in dialog (#5438)
- Bug Fixes
- Piano Roll – Fix retrigger with vol/plan sliders (#5271).
- Fix a rare crash on export (#5293).
- Fix LLMS not launching when AppImage has spaces in name (#5297).
- Fix vertical piano being unresponsive when clicked too fast (#5262).
- Fix crash with Grooove VST (#5300).
- Fix crash on deleting instrument with controller connections on knobs
- Fix notes being placed at negative positions on MIDI import
- Fix scrolling direction in the song editor due to stuck Ctrl/Shift
- Fix stuck notes with Helm VST on tempo automation
- Fix file factory delimeter position
- Fix a muted demo project “Greippi – Krem Kaakkua (Second Flight Remix)”
- Fix controls linking misbehaviors
- Fix loading and saving of .fxb/.fxp files on Windows
- Fix crashes and hangs on importing some Hydrogen drum kit songs
- Fix freeze when replacing Mallets with another instrument
- DrumSynth: ensure correct envelope length in any sample rate
- AFP: fix loading start and loop points if the loop point is automated
- Select the correct piano key for marking semitones
- Ensure consistent use of effect gate
- Fix Piano roll crashing when window is vertically scaled too large
- Fix some memory errors with JACK audio/MIDI
- JackMidi: Remove confusing warnings at shutdown
- Fix SF2 player crashing when file is not a soundfont, with FluidSynth 2
- BB editor: fix mouse even affecting wrong beats due to the cursor shape
- Fix knobs moving too fast on some platforms
- Fix notes created in BB editor resizing incorrectly when resizing a selection
- Fix some patterns not being saved in project
Known issues with this release:
- Software fails to load on some systems.
- No sound/distorted sound on some systems.
- VST plugins (.dll) do not work on Apple.
Technical Setup Details
- Software Full Name: lmms.1.2.2win
- Setup File Name: lmms.1.2.2win.exe
- Full Setup Size: 36.2 MB
- Setup Type: Offline Installer / Full Standalone Setup
- Compatibility Architecture: 32-Bit (x86) / 64-Bit (x64)
- Latest Version Release Added on Jun-10-2014
- License: Freeware
- Developers: lmms.io
Minimum System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10
- Memory (RAM): 2 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 500 GB
- Processor: Intel Pentium or above
Conclusion on LMMS Download for Windows 32/64-bit
I suppose you have followed each step carefully for Download LMMS (Linux MultiMedia Studio) on PC. After downloading this software, open this software.
I suppose your PC does not installed this software. Then, you can download this extension from ItTechGyan website. Now import that software file to your PC.
At last, I hope you liked this post on LMMS (Linux MultiMedia Studio) on Notebook!