Mupen64Plus is a cross-platform plugin-based N64 emulator which is capable of accurately playing many games. Included are four MIPS R4300 CPU emulators, with dynamic recompiles for 32-bit x86 and 64-bit amd64 systems, and necessary plugins for audio, graphical rendering (RDP), signal co-processor (RSP) and input.
There is 1 included OpenGL Video Plugin, called RiceVideo. There are 3 other excellent video plugins being maintained by wahrhaft, called Arachnoid, Glide64 and Z64. You can also check out MCC Tool Chest.
Mupen64Plus v.2.5.9 Free Download for Windows
What is Mupen64Plus?
Mupne64Plus is a n64 emulator designed to be multi-OS. It has been developed on/for Linux originally but the emulator has already been ported successfully on Windows and MacOSX for example. Actually the program can be easily ported on all OS supported by the SDL library.
In its current state, the emulator is highly compatible and use a plugin system. With the correct plugins (“correct” can be computer dependent), it can achieve nearly perfect graphics and sound in many games.
The biggest problem of this emulator until now was its speed but now it’s progressively changing with a totally new core and there’s still a huge room for improvements. Anyway if you have a fast machine, you should already be able to get many games running fullspeed.
Mupen64Plus v2.5.9 is now available for all supported operating systems. You can get it from the 2.5.9 release page on our github site. All of the older releases and files which were previously available for download on our (soon to be defunct) Google Code site have been migrated to the Old Releases page.
This is a Beta release of Mupen64Plus. Please help us by testing this software on your platform and reporting bugs to our IRC channel, or Google Group, or Emutalk Forum. There have been so many changes since the last release (in 2015), that we decided to make this BETA release and only accept pull requests for bug fixes during the next month or two. Then we will make stable 2.6 release.
Key of Feature:
- Dynamic recompilers for Intel (x86 and amd64) and ARM CPUs.
- Two OpenGL video plugins, with Hi-resolution texture support.
- LIRC Infrared remote control support.
- Rumble Pak support.
- Cheat system with gameshark code support.
- Speed adjustment with smooth sound output.
- Shared library interface for integration into other systems (front-ends).
- Command-line Front-end application.
Hello N64 fans! It’s been almost 4 years in the making and Mupen64Plus v2.0 is finally here! It’s been over a year since the 1.99.5 release, and we finally worked through everything that I wanted to finish before the official 2.0 name. Some of the highlights of this release are:
- All: more supported platforms, including Visual Studio 2012, ARM, PPC and MinGW.
- All: experimental support for SDL 2.0 library.
- Audio: more resampling quality options, and support for resampling with speexdsp library.
- Core: fixes for various games (DK64, Zelda, Blast Corps).
- Core: add Ari64’s new dynamic recompiler, with support for x86 and ARM architectures.
- Core: improved PJ64 savestate loading, auto-detect savestate slot type.
- Core/Video: support for resizing video window when in windowed mode.
- Input: Re-write auto-configuration logic to have more user friendly behavior.
- Input: New auto-configuration for 6 controllers.
- RSP: Support for JPEG textures used in Pokemon Stadium Japan.
- Rice-Video: Improve hires texture loading support.
- Rice-Video: Build option to support mobile devices by using OpenGL ES 2.0.
- Glide64mk2-Video: Brand new (for us) video plugin based on Gonetz’s 10th anniversary release of Glide64.
Technical Setup Details
- Software Full Name: Mupen64Plus_Setup
- Setup File Name: Mupen64Plus_Setup
- Full Setup Size: 2.1 MB
- Setup Type: Offline Installer / Full Standalone Setup
- Compatibility Architecture: 32-Bit (x86) / 64-Bit (x64)
- Latest Version Release Added on Jun-10-2014
- License: Freeware
- Developers: https://mupen64plus.org/
Minimum System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10
- Memory (RAM): 2 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 500 GB
- Processor: Intel Pentium or above
Conclusion on Mupen64Plus for Windows
I suppose you have followed each step carefully for Download Mupen64Plus on PC. After downloading this software, open this software.
I suppose your PC does not installed this software. Then, you can download this extension from ItTechGyan website. Now import that software file to your PC.
At last, I hope you liked this post on Mupen64Plus on Notebook!