HP CoolSense Technology is a feature in some HP notebook computers that combines hardware, software and mechanical design to dynamically manage the temperature of your notebook computer, and help keep you comfortable while using it.
HP CoolSense Technology uses a motion sensor in your notebook computer to sense when your computer is being used in a stationary or mobile setting and automatically adjusts the computer performance and fan speed to keep the computer cool. HP CoolSense software allows you to specify your cooling preferences. Use this document to configure and use your HP CoolSense software. You can also check out JSGME – Generic Mod Enabler.
HP CoolSense 2.2 Free Download for Windows
What is HP CoolSense?
HP CoolSense is the software component of Hewlett Packard’s CoolSense Technology, a design philosophy that aims to improve system performance through architectural design.
CoolSense Technology laptops were created to monitor, direct and disperse heat by the use of sensors, strategic placement of components, vents and fans and the use of an aluminum body. Hewlett Packard was able to dynamically regulate the temperature of their laptop computers to protect them from overheating and to provide a more pleasant experience for the user by combining hardware, software and mechanical design.
HP CoolSense is developed by Hewlett-Packard and is used by 5000+ users of ittechgyan.com. The most popular versions of this product among our users are: 2.2, 2.10 and 2.20. The names of program executable files are hpqSSupply.exe, WizLocaleLink.exe, hpwucli.exe, HPWA_Main.exe HPTLBXFX.exe. The product will soon be reviewed by our teams.
Key of Features:
- Allows HP Notebooks to take advantage of built-in CoolSense Technology.
- Real-time sensor monitoring.
- Dynamic, Real-time fan control.
- Optimizes performance, energy usage and battery life.
- Protects hardware from overheating.
- Adjusts power and performance settings for user comfort.
- Detects if the laptop is on a lap or hard surface.
Installing HP CoolSense version 2.2
If your HP Notebook computer came with HP CoolSense software, make sure it is updated to the latest version.
Download and Install the latest version of HP CoolSense from the HP CoolSense from the HP CoolSense Technology Download Site.
Configuring HP CoolSense
HP CoolSense is designed to run on notebook computers with HP CoolSense Technology and Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 7.
Note: This section uses images and directions for the latest version of HP CoolSense. Images and directions for previous versions are similar but may vary slightly.
To configure the cooling preferences on computers with HP CoolSense, follow the steps below.
- In Windows, search for and open HP CoolSense. The HP CoolSense icon is displayed on the task bar.
- Click the HP CoolSense icon in the task bar to display the configuration box.
- Click on (default) or off to change the settings. Click About for a description of HP CoolSense settings or to view the program’s version number.
- On-HP CoolSense automatically detects if your notebook computer is not in a stationary position and adjusts computer performance and fan settings to keep your computer’s surface temperature at a comfortable level. When HP CoolSense is On, the icon in the task bar is blue.
- Off – HP CoolSense does not automatically adjust your notebook computer’s performance or fan settings beyond default cooling settings. The surface temperature of your notebook computer may be higher than it would be with HP CoolSense turned on. When HP CoolSense is Off, the icon in the task bar is black.
- About – Displays a description of HP CoolSense settings and version number.
Technical Setup Details
- Software Full Name: hpqSSupply.exe
- Setup File Name: hpqSSupply.exe
- Full Setup Size: 9.7 MB
- Setup Type: Offline Installer / Full Standalone Setup
- Compatibility Architecture: 32-Bit (x86) / 64-Bit (x64)
- Latest Version Release Added on Jun-10-2014
- License: Freeware
- Developers: HP
Minimum System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10
- Memory (RAM): 2 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 500 GB
- Processor: Intel Pentium or above
Frequently Asked Questions?
What is HP CoolSense and do I need it?
HP CoolSense Technology is a feature in some HP notebook computers that combines hardware, software and mechanical design to dynamically manage the temperature of your notebook computer and help keep you comfortable while using it. HP CoolSense software allows you to specify your cooling preferences.
Does HP CoolSense reduce performance?
Yes the CoolSense software can adjust the performance and fan speed to keep the notebook cool. It can reduce the performance, to help keep the notebook cooler, hence the pop up message.
Should I remove HP Cool Sense?
You can and should remove all that bloatware, with the singular exception of HP CoolSense, the rest are not required and it will do no harm at all to remove those.
How do I get HP CoolSense on Windows 10?
In Windows, search for and open HP CoolSense. The HP CoolSense icon is displayed on the task bar. Click the HP CoolSense icon in the task bar to display the configuration box. Click on (default) or Off to change the settings.
Conclusion on HP CoolSense for Windows
I suppose you have followed each step carefully for Download HP CoolSense on PC. After downloading this software, open this software.
I suppose your PC does not installed this software. Then, you can download this extension from ItTechGyan website. Now import that software file to your PC.
At last, I hope you liked this post on HP CoolSense on Notebook!